Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Driving Miss Daisy

This is a blog about Daisy. Miss Daisy, to be exact. See, shortly after we purchased our '99 Ford Windstar in 2008, I thought it was cute and funny to name my van "Miss Daisy". So I could say I was driving Miss Daisy. Get it? Yeah, I should probably note here that I've never seen the movie.

Anyway, Miss Daisy is sick. I would properly introduce her to you, but she's currently in the shop, having her innards torn apart while we wait for donor parts to come in. Even after she is patched up and sitting back in my driveway (hopefully a little happier and much, much warmer), she's an old girl. It's a matter of time before she's back in the shop, having an even more major (and therefore more expensive) surgery done.

The problem is Miss Daisy's owner- this would be me, aka Tiffany- does not have an unlimited supply of cash to fund these little "trips" and problems that seem to be adding up. As it is, we've had to tap into our credit line and max it out just to pay for this current rendezvous. We have another vehicle that we still owe on, but at least it's a Honda. (And the heavens rejoiced...) Oh, and yeah, we still owe a bunch of money on Miss Daisy, too.

So, this blog is about Miss Daisy and her journey. Hopefully a journey to a new owner. It's about our journey, too, and how we figure out this financial puzzle. We've got to figure it out, because, well... Tiffany needs a new van.

2 comments:

  1. Let's see some pictures of poor Miss Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to post a picture, but she's in the shop! And... I don't have an old picture of her in my files. As soon as she's back home I'll take a picture and post it! *pinky swear*

    ReplyDelete