Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm not sure how to feel about this...

Miss Daisy has been bandaged up and is now waiting at the dealership for me to pick her up this evening. And- hooray!- she'll finally have heat again. I should be excited about this. I should be happy to have my van back and that now I don't have to worry about losing fingers to frostbite when I drive it.

But I'm not.

First of all, while Miss Daisy was being operated on, the dealership gave us a loaner to use. It's a Dodge Grand Caravan- I'm not sure what year- but it's obviously much nicer than my van. Much. Even without any cool features. So I'm kind of bummed to give that back. It also doesn't help that before I can take Miss Daisy home, I have to pay the bill. Ick. $865 and change. That said, the total bill was almost $100 less than I expected it to be, so I thank God for that small blessing.

But still. That's a lot of cash to hand over. Less than a year ago we put almost $550 into her to fix an oil leak. If you've wondered why I hold such a grudge against this vehicle, please wonder no more.

Can't I just let the dealership keep Miss Daisy and get a new van in exchange? I only want a new Honda Odyssey. That's all. Please?

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, that's a lot of money.

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete